If you are not an ICAA member, registered PAF or PSP, please click here to create an account.
Forgot your password?
Advanced Search Filters
Seminar Code: 01463 Level: Introductory ELearning Seminar Fee for Members: Free CPD Hours: Up to 12 hours Seminar fee for Non-Members: $540.00 or 12 Corporate Passsport tickets
An Overview of Public Practice Registration form (PDF File, 182KB)
The move to expanded opportunities for CA students to obtain their practical experience outside of the traditional public accounting environment and provincially-legislated inter-provincial mobility agreements have made it necessary for the ICAA Council to make changes in its public accounting registration criteria (PARC). This online seminar meets one of the PARC requirements for each partner and each CA who has responsibility for an entire public accounting engagement to complete an approved public practice seminar.
This online seminar provides an overview of the following areas of practice and focuses on risk areas and common deficiencies, provides references for practitioners to consult for more in depth purposes, and tests the participant’s knowledge in each subject area.
Legislative Authority and Guidance
• Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements
• Professional liability insurance
• Select Rules of Professional Conduct
• Practice review, complaints and discipline processes
• Objectives of QA
• Elements of a system of quality control
• Applying and complying
• Transition Issues
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Canadian GAAP Handbook and Private Entity/NPO
• Common presentation and disclosures for private enterprise
• Transition issues for accounting standards for private enterprise
• Future standards changes
Assurance and Related Services
• Overview of the Assurance Handbook
• Audit, Review, Compilation Standards
• Other related services
• Practice review deficiencies
Tax Practice Management
• Tax Management practice risk areas
• Compliance Considerations - Corporate & Personal Note: Prior to the session commencement you will be given a password to access the online courseware via email. Within this online courseware you will find instructions on how to work through the session and all necessary seminar learning and testing materials. Your Online Experience
You will have access to all your seminar material and quizzes. Your results are tracked as you progress through the modules and quizzes so you can generate your certificate of completion for your records.
© 2009 Chartered Accountants of Alberta.
All Rights Reserved.