If you are not an ICAA member, registered PAF or PSP, please click here to create an account.
Forgot your password?
Advanced Search Filters
The CA qualification process is an integrated process of academic study, professional education (including the profession’s Uniform Evaluation — the “UFE”), and practical experience. In order to obtain a CA designation, individuals must find employment within a CA Training Office to complete the practical experience requirement to become a CA. These positions are commonly referred to as ‘CA articling positions’.
Recruitment for CA articling positions occurs every fall (September) and specific dates are set out in September and October for the application deadline, interviews, and offer date. All training positions, including co-op placements, summer positions and permanent articling position are recruited for in September and October for positions commencing at various times throughout the next year. Generally, it takes three years of work experience to qualify for a CA designation.
• Blackout period – Tuesday, September 3 to Tuesday, October 15 (ending 8 a.m. MDT on October 15)
• Official start of 2013 recruitment season (job postings go live) – Tuesday, September 3
• ICAA Meet the CA Training Office event (Edmonton) – Friday, September 6 (Northlands Expo Center)
• Saskatchewan Meet the CA Training Office Event (Saskatoon) – Tuesday, September 10
• ICAA Meet the CA Training Office event (Lethbridge) – Wednesday, September 11 (Students Union Ballroom at the University of Lethbridge)
• ICAA Meet the CA Training Office event (Calgary) – Friday, September 13 (BMO Centre)
• Job postings close on Thursday, September 19 (discretion of training office as to what time the posting will close on this day)
Each year, the ICAA works with the post-secondary institutions to create this document that is available to students interested in pursuing their CA designation. This guide introduces students to the CA recruitment process, and allows them to review office profiles and other post-secondary information.
The Meet the CA Training Office events are open to the public, and no registration is required. Go to Upcoming Events for more full details on these events.
© 2009 Chartered Accountants of Alberta.
All Rights Reserved.